Location - 1959 West Hilltop Road
Time - 5:00 PM
Date - October 20th
The tournament will take place right next to James River Church. In my garage. Trust me, it's cool.
Please note that this is not for pros only. All are welcome. It's more about fun than it is winning (well, I can't speak for everyone), so if you have nothing to do, feel free to come and hang out.
The tournament starts at 5:00, but show up between 4:15 - 4:30. I'll start doing friendlies as soon as 3:00 if you want to play before hand. The tournament will be live streamed, page TBA.
When you arrive, DON'T PARK IN THE DRIVE WAY. It's reserved for people unloading setups and stuff. Park right across the street in James River Church's parking lot and walk over. They don't care who parks there Saturdays. It's literally 10 feet from the venue. The house has 2 stumps at the end of the driveway, each with a massive blue flower pot on top.
IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT AT 4:50, YOU CAN NOT ENTER UNLESS I KNOW YOU'RE COMING!
Report scores to whoever is in control of the bracket computer.
All money goes to the winners pot. There are no discounts.
Tournament / Bracket Information and Rules
This is our first hosted tournament, so we want to try to get as large of a turnout as possible. To join, you MUST fill out the form questions.
After a set is finished, both players must share the results with a tournament organizer. Just report the score when you tell them.
Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
• Items are disabled.
• Input buffer is disabled
• All chain grabs and infinites are legal until 300%
• Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
• If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
• Playing as Giga Bowser or Wario Man is banned
Stage Striking and Character Picking
• Press 'Y' to remove all non-competitive stages. 'X' strikes a stage
• Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors, winner gets to strike first stage.
• Second player strikes two stages. First player chooses stage.
• The winner of the game bans two stages, then the looser picks one.
• IF YOU ALREADY WON ON A STAGE YOU CAN'T CHOOSE IT AGAIN!
When you pick a character, try to pick at the same time. Do not pick your character after your enemy has. If you want to switch your character after a match, the winner must first say if he wants to switch or stay, then the looser gets to decide. PROJECT M IS CHARACTER FIRST, NOT STAGE FIRST!
• Delfino's Secret
• Pokemon Stadium 2
• Green Hill Zone
• Final Destination
• Dreamland (64)
• Fountain of Dreams
• Wario Land
THE STAGE PICKING RULES ARE DISPLAYED ON THE STAGE SELECT SCREEN!
We will be using a waterfall bracket. This is setup where in the case of a loss, you are sent to the losers pool, but can make a come back to return and face the final winner. These pools allow you to get in many more matches than regular double elimination.
This form will collect all the information needed to sign up. It's free to pre-register!
If the embeded form below doesn't work, you can find the link here.