The tournament will take place right next to James River Church. In my garage. Please note that this is not for pros only. All are welcome. Have nothing to do? Feel free to come and hang out.
The tournament starts at 5:00, but show up between 4:15 - 4:30. Friendlies will start shortly after 3:30, so if you want to get a few games in before then feel free to show up around that time. DON'T PARK IN THE DRIVE WAY. It's for people unloading. Park across the street in James River Church's parking lot. They don't care who parks there on Saturdays.
IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT AT 4:50, YOU CAN NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU CONFIRM YOU'RE ON THE WAY!
There are a few restaurants located in walking distance. If enough people pool money, we may buy pizza. If the tournament is on time, their will be an eating break before finals (Top 3) begin.
The payout works like this:
1st Place - 45%
2nd Place - 20%
3rd Place - 15%
Venue - 20%
* You can scroll the tabs to the right on mobile.
full rules here
All tournament sets will be a best-of-3 games, until Top 3 at which point tournament sets will be best-of-5 games.
All moveset combinations are legal. Only default costumes are allowed.
Team Color Clause
When in Doubles play, must choose character costumes that are similar to their team color if a player in the match requests it.
Do not talk to in-game players. Do not yell anything involving player habits, like "Watch for his neutral getup!” or "He keeps rolling!” as this is considered coaching. Yell things like "GO OZARK!" or "YOU SUCK!". There is more info about this in the full rules.
Your setup must meet the requirements listed below. If it does not have a rule preset with these settings, it will not count as a setup.
FULL SETTINGS LIST
- Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Singles and Doubles
- Final Smash Meter: Off
- Spirits: Off
- Damage Handicap: Off
- Stage Selection: Anyone
- Items: Off and None
- First to: 1 Win
- Stage Morph: Off
- Stage Hazards: Off
- Team Attack: On
- Launch Rate: 1.0x
- Underdog Boost: Off
- Pausing: Off
- Score Display: Off
- % Show Damage: Yes
- Custom Balance: Off
- Echo Fighters: Separate
- Radar: Default (Big)
We will be using a waterfall bracket. This is setup where in the case of a loss, you are sent to the losers pool, but can make a come back to the winners bracket. These pools allow you to get in many more matches than regular double elimination.
For a very detailed explanation, you can look here.
All of these stages are chosen to balance out the stage sizes. There are 2 large stages, 2 small stages, and 4 stages considered in the middle. This attempts to make an environment to drive you out of your comfort zone. You have bans, use them. All characters and play styles are covered here, and diversity of platform layouts is important. Being such, every single stage on the list has a unique platform layout.
- Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors, and winner may choose to either strike first or strike second. Stages are struck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- Use Starter Stage Striking to determine the first stage.
- The players play the first game of the set.
- Winning player of the previous game strikes 2 stages. The losing player of the preceding game picks a stage.
- The winning player of the preceding game may choose to change characters.
- The losing player of the preceding game may choose to change characters.
- The next game is played.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 8 for all subsequent games until the set is complete.